Thoughts/rambles of today [that really only occur on workdays because nothing else happens in my life]
- I had 2 customers today. I think they were twins, if not, then brothers. One of them was in a wheelchair with both legs amputated around the knees. What I loved was how normal and close they seemed. They way they were talking was definitely people who were comfortable with each other and had a close relationship. The other brother/twin was there, but not overbearing. He let the other come to the register on his own [like he sort of walked ahead because I had to walk to the Nautica register, IZOD was full] and helped whenever it was needed [like getting the credit card machine to his eye level and stuff]. Honest, I treated him normally like any other customer and didn’t stare or anything [rude, I only glimpsed briefly at his legs], but I wanted to ask questions… What happened and how long has it been? How are you guys related? Do you feel shame about your legs or proud of what happened? I could probably think or more later. But what does that say about me and curiosity versus caring.
- Apparently it’s weird for me [and girls in general?] to kneel down on the floor. I mean, I was trying to get the shirts on the floor shelf… and I was wearing my skirt so it was like not really a bendable act I’d normally be able to do…in pants. Eric was all ‘what are you doing to your knees?!’ as if it was scandalous or something. MEN.
- Hylene threw a tantrum at RTC. It was highly frustrating. And childish. I’m not a very patient person I think.
- Work isn’t as excruciating as it was when I first started out. I like being able to talk to my coworkers hahaa. Also some of them forgot I know Spanish, and I realized that I could understand about half of what they say to each other. I was quite proud of myself hehe. So far the native language grouping falls in about 35% Spanish speaking, 30% French [mostly all the black people actually] speaking, 20% English speaking, 10% other?
- I was taking my break and reading and the couple next to me were speaking Spanish. Then the lady commented on my books [Sherlock Holmes LOL] and I looked up and realized she was Korean… It was bizarre but awesome and unfair. Fluent in 3 languages? Geeez. We bonded over BBC Sherlock HAHA.
- I want to beach.
- There’s probably more but I don’t remember anymore.